Saturday, April 18, 2009

...and then Seth came along...

Seth use to travel with a ministry called TZM and they were at my church for a about a week back in February of 07. I got to know some of the people on the team and even had a small crush (nothing serious AT ALL) on one of the other guys. I actually wouldn't call it was a crush, it was more of the fact that I thought he was a cool person. Well one evening I saw Seth walking by and I said to my friend "Dare me to go talk to him?" lol. I don't think I even allowed her to respond and before I knew it I walked over to him and the infamous words came out of my mouth "You know, I think you should smile more". I think he was taken back a bit that this random girl was telling him that. He replied with "Oh do you now?". That was basically it because he started doing something else (I think someone rudely interrupted us). What I thought was cute was when he saw me later that night, he made a point to walk by me and smile.

Ok, so the next day I got on the team's website to check them out and I came across Seth's profile. I noticed on one of his pictures it said "for a good time call home" and what followed was his phone number. Well I couldn't believe that someone would ACTUALLY put their real number on the web so... I send a text to it. My text said "Who's this". haha Like I didn't know! Well, like the dummy I am I forgot that people could CALL me back if they wanted and that's exactly what Seth did. I didn't pick up though!! I was too chicken. He left a random voice mail, which I wish I would have kept. I proceeded to tell him, in a text, who I was, I was the girl who thought he needed to smile more. I think from that day on we never stoped talking. We even used that day (February 26th) as our "anniversary", which I think is perfect! hehe

The very next day he walked up to me and introduced himself in the "proper" way. I think it was later that night, after service was over, we stood at the top of the sanctuary and talked until everyone else had gone home. I think we were even forced out!! :o) We found ourselves talking about such random things and laughing at each other's crazy humor or lack there of.

This next part is one of Seth's favorite memories. It was their last night there and I had to leave a little early. So I located where Seth was to say goodbye. I think he was going in for a SIDE HUG and well... I just put my hand out to shake his!! haha. Later on he said that I left him thinking "That's all I get? A handshake?" To this day I don't remember why I just shook his hand! I think it's funny though.

After that things moved pretty fast, but in a good way. The team came back like a month later and we got to hang out even more. We talked so much that it felt as if we knew each other all along. Being that we only get to see each other 4 times out of a year, we make the most of it. We have done so many fun and exciting things that I can't wait to see what life will hold for us when we actually live in the same place! This makes me want to continue telling our stories but I'll leave it at this one for now! :)

So yeah... that was the start of it all.

To be continued....

Oh my word! Want to know one of my favorite parts?! You do? Ok good! Seth said this is how he knew that he knew I was THE ONE. One day while I was at work, I sent a text to Seth and asked him if he had any kids (now remember this was still very early on). He responded with, "No, do you?". I said "Yes, I have a little girl who's two". HAHA He was silent for a while and then responded with something along the lines of "Oh, that's nice". I said "I'm just MESSING WITH YA" lol He in return told me I was sick and twisted but that he loved the fact I could joke around! All I know is that I would have LOVED to see his facial expression!!

hehe

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this is adorable! i love it. i'm glad to have learned some of the history on you guys! <3 do tell more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole side hug thing cracks me up! I remember my first date with Jonathon, I wouldn't even let him pick me up at the house - I met him at the restaurant. And then at the end of the night I gave him a side hug. hahah So funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE hearing "how we got together" stories! thanks for sharing yours - it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete