Tuesday, April 14, 2009


So I was thinking about how people always say "Enjoy life, you never know when it will be gone".. or something along those lines. What I thought about is how it's not what you do in your own life as much as it's what you do in other peoples lives. I will be dead, so nothing will matter to me. It's what I leave behind. It's who I've inspired, laughed with and loved. Most importantly, did I leave Jesus with them. There was a professional baseball player that died recently, he was from this area, and to everyone around him he had everything. He was living the American dream (which is another blog in itself). Then in a heartbeat, a blink, it was over. He was gone. I don't know if he knew the Lord but it goes to show that you can have everything you've imagined but in the end the only thing that matters is your relationship with God. I'm learning to be thankful everyday for life and to enjoy those around me. Even you guys reading this!! So basically this was to tell you to slow down a little and really take in all that's around you.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give - Sir Winston Churchhill.


Oh and by the way... my brother took the picture in this blog. Isn't is pretty!!??

5 comments:

  1. VERY beautiful picture. it is very sad what happened to the baseball player. it really makes you thankful for each new day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah his girlfriend died with him. It was touching. I'm going to try to take pics like that when I visit home next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your brother is a photographer? the photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, he's not a photographer. I think he just got lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete