Thursday, April 16, 2009

Calm down a couple notches!

I am getting SO nervous, anxious, emotional, you name it! So much is going to be happening from now till the end of the year. Fun and exciting stuff as well as sad and embarrassing stuff. Let me give you some details...

Fun and exciting stuff includes Seth moving here finally, visiting Canada and seeing my nieces and nephew, my Aunt and Uncle coming to visit from Canada and probably other stuff I can't think of right now. Also, hopefully mom and dad getting custody of the kids (which is another blog for a later time). That is exciting but also terrifying all at the same time!

Embarrassing (and sad too) is being in a beautiful wedding and being the biggest one in the wedding party (don't get me started).

Sad is saying goodbye to my nieces and nephew and my Aunt and Uncle and Seth moving here...

Why do I say Seth moving here you might ask? Well, I feel sad for him. He has to leave his friends and family and move to a place where he hardly knows anyone. All because he loves me! Talk about wanting everything to work out perfectly!! I guess it's not really "sad" but it is definitely emotional. We have gone two years of basically loving each other through words (aka the phone) and only seeing each other a handful, if that, out of the year. So of course it will take some getting use to going from hardly seeing each other to seeing each other all the time! I am excited though, don't get me wrong. I know it's going to be great, it's just the whole transition period that gets to me.

That being said, God has reminded me of this - HE IS IN CONTROL! Seth and I have waited patiently and allowed God to take the steering wheel, so why should I stress and worry about things now. They will either fall into place or God will show us another path to take. He's so glorious. Even talking about how He's got it under control right now makes me feel better! (I love you Lord).

So yeah... next obstical I have to overcome is realizing I'm beautiful the way I am. Yes, I can lose a few (OK A LOT) of lbs but that's the future and right now I am who I am. SO GET LOST DEVIL. Man, for real though, who does he think he is. I have to keep telling myself I will get through the wedding! It won't be as bad as I think it will be! Plus, all focus will be on the bride...NOT ME! Unless I fall! haha

Alright, I'm done ranting for the day! Much love to all who read this!

:)

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, i have to do the wedding thing, too. may 31st i get to be the 500 lb bride. and i'm not even that crazy about the dress...
    john and i were separated for years, not being able to see each other "freely" for five years. in 2007 when we both lived in NY and did whatever we wanted, it was a definite change. it is scary when you have direct access because it's a bigger loophole for mistakes and regrets to be made.you know, more arguments, more anything. it's just more intense. i think that's really the only downside. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm curious: how did you and seth meet? :) though i'm sure the change will be stressful, i'm excited for you both that he will be moving closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was in a wedding and when i remember it in my mind it was great but when i see the pictures of me in light blue (imagie beached whale in silk) i wanna cry. still i'll have fabulous memories forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, that's what I am trying to do. Just have a great time and make memories. I can't change overnight so I might as well make it worth it! Plus, confidence is KEY!

    Lani, I will write a blog about how Seth and I met. :o) I love telling the story!!! hehe hope you like reading!

    Oh and Kris, I remember you and John being away. Gosh, crazy to think back on all that happened!! I know Seth and I will be fine. Once we get through the "process" of it all, we'll be good to go. We are BFF's and we get through anything!!!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete